Financial Services - Senior BA / Business Analyst with data analysis/data product experience - £60,000-70,000
Job title: Senior Business Analyst
Location: City of London. Currently remote 4 days per week. 1 day per week in London, St Pauls.
Purpose of the job
My Financial services client requires a Senior business analyst to help support efforts around existing and new subscription data & information, events and related membership products.
Responsibilities and duties
An international B2B provider of data, news and events to one of the most dynamic segments in global finance - is growing its product and project delivery team as it expands its portfolio to align with customer needs.
These projects will incorporate a range of elements including working with large, complex datasets, WordPress CMS, search databases, identity and access management, subscription/online payment applications, virtual events and networking applications, as well as integration with business systems including CRM, ESPs, marketing automation tools, data warehouse & web analytics tools.
Working within an agile scrum framework, the BA will report to Senior Business Analyst. They will be joining a growing team of BAs, product and project managers, and will have responsibilities including:
· Collaborating with internal stakeholders, the product and IT delivery teams to analyse user needs and functional requirements
· Creating artefacts including user stories, specification or support documents, process flows and carrying out related admin tasks
· Working with our third-party developers as required throughout each 2-week sprint
· Analysing, testing and implementing new functionality as part of a larger project team
Job Title: Senior Business Analyst
Although we are keeping direct experience and knowledge requirements to a minimum, we do need you to demonstrate your capabilities in relation to the points listed under essential requirements in the person specification. You should prepare to discuss illustrations on how your competencies have helped you to achieve positive results.
· Demonstrable experience as a Business Analyst (at least 5 years) in an agile environment
· Experience with B2B, Finance, publishing, subscription or data products would be nice to have
· Ability to understand and analyse requirements and write effective and efficient requirement specifications / user stories using INVEST criteria
· Agile/scrum experience
· Excellent communicator
· Data Mapping & Data Modelling experience
· Agile/relevant certifications
· Ability to produce detailed business models, mapping, and process flows
· Excellent communication skills
· Ability to build effective working relationships across business functions at all levels and with distributed teams
· Self-reliant but able to work well as part of a team, too
· Flexible and able to handle ambiguity or competing priorities
· Eagerness to learn and constantly improve/develop professional skill sets and capabilities
· Meeting deadlines, targets or goals
· Analysing requirements in order to draw clear and simple conclusions
· Spotting flaws and errors so as to make sure the end result of a project is as good as possible
· Finding a way to solve a problem, or overcome a challenge
· Learning new things
Full-time UK employees are entitled to 25 days of annual leave + the 8 public holidays. They offer all permanent employees (i.e. employees who have successfully passed their probation period), an option to flex their holidays up or down by 3 days to suit their needs.
The client consider it is important to encourage people to save for their retirement. They partner with Standard Life to offer you a Company Pension scheme for which you will become eligible once you have successfully passed your probation period. The plan is co-funded by the Company (Client contribution of equivalent of 4.5% of salary) and a contribution from you of 4.5%. You may make additional voluntary contributions.
Private Medical Insurance
Upon the successful completion of your probation period, you will be eligible to join the Private Medical Insurance via BUPA. This is a free benefit to you, but it is taxable. More information will be available on the scheme details during employment.
Salary Sacrifice Schemes
Upon the successful completion of your probation period, you will be eligible to benefit from other salary sacrifice scheme such as a season ticket loan and a Cycle to Work scheme
Learning and Development Opportunities
This client takes a bespoke approach to learning and development opportunities. We believe that everyone's needs are different but are very happy to review your ambitions and development areas with you on an individual basis. There are some schemes to help employees reach their full potential with a mixture of in-house, classroom and paid for training. More information about which can be sourced from the HR team.
More like this