Business Analyst - £70,000 - £80,000 - Permanaent - Insurance
Exciting opportunity for a Business Analyst to join an Innovative Insurance Company, you will be a central resource to supporting the Managing Agency's primary functions.
About the Role:
- You will be tasked with producing high quality business cases, user stories, use cases, acceptance criteria, functional and non-functional specifications
- Support the system test teams, helping with understanding of the change and reviewing test cases to ensure full coverage of continuous delivery
- Understanding how data flows through the relevant interfaces and an analysis of the existing and future data retention requirements that need to be adhered to
- Assisting with resourcing to deliver Projects and ensure controlled Change Management across the Managing Agency.
- Deliver technology support and infrastructure managing the relationship with service providers (e.g., Northdoor) for software development and through their own Technology Services provide IT infrastructure and communications to the Managing Agency.
- Analyse and document "As Is" and "To Be" business processes. Evaluate the current state of business process and model the "to be" business processes and map the processes such as Future at Lloyds and other change programmes.
- You are required to build strong productive relationships with the business, IT teams and external third parties to deliver effective solutions.
- You will be required to document, define and analyse functional and non-functional requirements for change to business systems and coordinate and communicate this change to internal and external delivery teams, external vendors, infrastructure team and 3rd party application teams to support the analysis of application changes. This will be a hands-on role that will see you working and functioning as a pivotal part of the change team, ensuring that technology is at the heart of our business.
- Conduct requirements gathering sessions with various levels of the business and IT, ensuring that strategic needs are being met and incremental benefits realised
- Definition of procedural activities surrounding systems and processing e.g., activities performed around year end.
- Define and document, User guides, Training materials, System interfaces, Test scripts
- Support in the gathering and documenting of business requirements and development of business cases with agreed costs and benefits.
- Support in the prioritisation of issues and changes.
- Working closely with our Project Management Team to contribute to project planning.
- Conduct and analyse feasibility studies/impact assessments, regarding technology and process change.
- 5+ years experience, within Financial Services
- Experience capturing, documenting and delivering detailed documentation and requirements upon technical and highly integrated business systems
- Strong business analysis skills and system background. Knowledge of Sequel Eclipse, XLPro, DocoSoft, DA SATS and Cloud based technology would be highly regarded.
- Relevant qualifications and strong academic record.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Demonstrable ability to fully understand business processes and business needs.
- Knowledge of Insurance business processes and functions.
- It will be expected that you have both soft and hard influencing skills, intellect and gravitas and the ability to communicate across all levels of business from Executive to operational levels.