Power BI Developer
This is a new role to help the company develop, implement and manage its new data platform. The Power BI Engineer will create and manage BI and analytics solutions that turn data into business knowledge to help facilitate the decision-making process within the organisation. The role will require a strong knowledge of data visualisation tools, preferably power bi and an understanding of the Azure stack.
They should have a background in data and business analysis, be analytical and an excellent communicator with great a business acumen and problem-solving aptitude.
- Designing, building, and deploying business intelligence solutions
- Developing visual reports, KPI scorecards, and dashboards using Power BI desktop.
- Connecting data sources, importing data, and transforming data for Business intelligence.
- Analytical thinking for translating data into informative reports and visuals.
- Implementing row-level security on data along with an understanding of application security layer models in Power BI.
- Implementing advanced-level calculations on data sets.
- Translation of business needs to technical specifications
- Unit testing and troubleshooting
- The evaluation and improvement of BI systems
- Developing and executing database queries and conducting analyses
- Creating visualizations and reports for requested projects
- Presenting information through reports and visualization
- Liaise with functional stakeholders to understand existing operations: users, data, processes, outputs, current issues and future requirements
- Testing and implementation of new functionality/modules of existing applications
- Work with 3rd party software provider, becoming a systems SME while working alongside the vendors
- Oversee the development of fixes to the systems and ensure that they are implemented correctly
- Responsible for updating existing documentation and creating new documentation when new functionality or reporting is added
- Training and knowledge transfer between the team members
- Experience in business analysis
- Data Integration tools and knowledge of the Microsoft BI Stack including DAX
- Software development skills and an understanding of the SDLC
- Background in data warehouse design (e.g., dimensional modelling) and data mining
- Understanding of database management systems, online analytical processing (OLAP) and ETL (Extract, transform, load) framework
- Knowledge of SQL, SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) and SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
- Ability to understand database schema of multiple systems and design best practice solutions for integrating in order to produce required reporting outcomes
- Web services / API experience
- Experience of Private Equity software, Investran, Data Exchange, ViewPoint, is preferable, but not essential
- Experience of formal change management, including requirements elicitation, specification documentation, project co-ordination & planning
- Business Analysis Certification preferred
Skills & Competencies Sought:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to explain technical solutions in plain language.
- Strong interpersonal skills are required to develop close working relationships with colleagues, clients and third-party supplies
- Thirst for knowledge and desire to learn new systems
- Interest in AI, ML and RPA
- Highly organised
- High attention to detail
- Ability to problem solve
- Team player and able to work across different offices (travel required) and time zones (vendors in North America)
- the ability to work under pressure on multiple projects within your project timeframes
- a passion for creating solutions with a positive attitude to change
- excellent analytical skills and an informed, evidence-based approach