As a BI Developer you will:
- Be an expert in delivering complete BI solutions
- Great at designing visualisations and intuitive dashboards
- Be comfortable in dealing with the Business and working strategically to define BI plans
- Provide technical expertise for data acquisition, data set development, data modelling and report production
- Coach and mentor team members in best practice and use of the BI toolset
- Be expected to work closely with business colleagues to understand and jointly develop requirements to meet the needs of B.I. demands
- Work closely with your Azure Data Engineering colleagues who will be building out the underlying data architecture
- Be able to analyse data stores and recommend ways to improve data reliability, efficiency and quality
- Someone with a positive can-do attitude, be open and welcoming to change, be a self-starter and be self-motivated.
- Be a strong advocate for the effective and efficient use of the data sources within the business
- Design, build & deploy B.I. solutions using Microsoft Azure stack (PowerBI specifically)
- Define and promote the team's best practices and design principles for Business Intelligence
- Collaboration across teams to solve problems, develop & execute database queries and conduct analyses.
- Creating visualisations & reports for the Business Units
- Develop and update technical documentation.
Required Technical Skills and Experience
- Have at least 5 years experience in Business Intelligence and have built out enterprise dashboard solutions previously
- Significant expertise of Data Analytics - PowerBI
- Knowledge of Data Warehouse design (dimensional modelling) and data mining best practices
- Experience in implementing analytical workloads and service-service analytics scenarios
- Experience of data transformation pipelines and workflow management tools
- Conversant with current industry developments and challenges with an interest in future trends
- Excellent communication skills with a natural problem-solving attitude.
Desirable Technical Skills
- Familiarity in DevOps methodologies (Azure DevOps, Agile / Kanban / Scrum, CI/CD Pipeline etc.)
- Experience in Microsoft / Azure Stack (SQL Server, data lake, delta lake and Business Intelligence (SSIS, SSAS and SSRS))
- Other BI tools such as QlikSense, Tableau, Looker, ThoughtSpot