La Fose are partnered with a global leader in business payments. They simplify the way businesses manage and pay their expenses. Their portfolio of brands help companies automate, secure, digitize and control payments to, or on behalf of, their suppliers and employees. They serve businesses, merchants and partners in North America, Latin America, Europe and Asia Pacific.
You will be:
Building upon the recent deployment of the 1link Insights platform, the Data, Insights and Analytics Engineer will be part of the continuation of the project, expanding the data warehouse, ETL processes and reporting dashboards.
- Design and Implement ETL processes using SSIS.
- Review the existing reports in order to create replacements using Tableau.
- Respond to customer reporting requirements and turn their data into actionable insights.
- Work closely with the rest of the team and product specialists to help encourage best practice and principles for data.
- Helping resolve real business and customer challenges as part of a team using creative problem solving and awesome engineering!
- Writing testable, clean and maintainable processes to meet customer requirements
- Improving your skills, learning new technologies across the entire stack and getting exposure to the wider technical environment (e.g. Machine Learning, DevOps, cloud services and architecture).
- Contributing to team improvement through discussions, pair programming and code reviews to drive continual improvement, deliver new features and capabilities and reduce technical debt.
Knowledge skills and experience
- Transforming existing operational data into working data marts and warehouses.
- Experience designing and developing business intelligence dashboards using Tableau or similar
- Delivering solutions that focus on clean data, positioning data in the right place at the right time.
- Familiarity with .Net, VB.NET, C# for conversion of existing reports
- SQL Query optimisation & Indexing
- Principles of data warehouse design (Kimball)
What you will use:
- MS SQL Server (2016+)
- SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
- Data visualisation using Tableau
The client is looking for:
- A great attitude to facing challenges, problem solving and working with a fantastic team
- Developed instincts regarding data storage, transfer and transformation
- Passionate about getting the data right with clean data architecture
- A focus on practical solutions over academic or conceptual models
- Ability to engage others with your ideas and to champion domain driven data models
- Demonstrable experience with implementing data management (Marts/Lakes/Warehouse)
- Awareness of the wider data sphere beyond the Microsoft stack (NoSQL, GraphQL, etc)
- Ability to build and maintain relationships across the business.
- Outcome focused.
- Seize opportunities to make a difference.
- Embrace simplicity.