Our client is in the market for an experienced Project Manager to take a hands-on approach to successfully project managing numerous projects and be part of the requirements scoping, planning and delivery.
The Project Manager will be required to effectively manage their own workload. They will manage a number of projects and will manage tasks, actions & risks appropriately to meet the needs of the organisation. They will contribute to and maintain a PRINCE2 based project support system and associated functions.
Please note, this is a hybrid role with 2 / 3 days a week working from a Derby based office.
Key Success Measures
- Influence colleagues in very senior management positions, including members of the Executive Team about the importance of change processes and compliance with minimum standards.
- Prioritise and manage workload to ensure deadlines and targets are consistently met
- Manage the project process from Business Case through to project value realisation
- Initiate and maintain all Project management documentation and tracking tools, including a detailed suite of project mobilisation plans, business cases, Project Initiation Documents (PIDs) Action Logs, Risk Logs, and regular reporting documentation
- Identify & agree tasks, milestones, owners, dates, timescales & dependencies – agree timescales and resources required for particular stages of development, implementation support and co-ordination of service change and project plans.
- Maintain and follow-up on relevant project tasks, actions & risks logs to ensure all are completed and/or mitigated in an appropriate timeframe or escalate issues to the Project Exec Lead / SRO
- Implement & update appropriate Programme and Project reporting to provide assurance to the Project Team & Executive, as well as updating and maintaining on a regular basis.
- Maintain and manage a robust change control process making sure that appropriate governance is in-place to capture and record changes to plans and critical milestones, delivery plans or timeframes
- Undertake requests for change, as required, using appropriate systems, processes and tools. Ensure the management, monitoring and resolution of service change and project issues are dealt with efficiently and effectively
- Support in the contract bid & mobilisation process for any new or existing contracts