We are currently working with a global giant in Oil and Gas in their search for Azure DevOps specialist to join their data platform services team for a 12-month contract opportunity.
As a DevOps engineer you will join a team who partners with development teams throughout the organization with the goal of improving products and enhancing speed and quality on development and deployment.
Main Responsibilities include:
* Work with product teams to shape the architecture, design, and implementations of new and existing systems to enhance their reliability, performance, efficiency, and scalability.
* Help product teams to develop and deploy on a cloud native environment
* Ensure all key services are measured, monitored and raising alerts when needed
* Develop automation of application deployment and configuration
* Develop reliability tools and frameworks for use by all engineers and products
Experience & Skills Required:
* Minimum 5+ years of experience on DevOps or equivalent
* Strong experience in Python or equivalent language
* Strong experience on bash scripting
* Strong experience with Kubernetes
* Strong experience with Docker
* Strong experience with Terraform
* Experience in the Linux environment and a good understanding of its fundamentals and internals
* Understanding of Microservice based Architecture
* Ability to implement infrastructure as code
* An understanding of application security and information security controls
* Working knowledge of GitHub Actions, Azure DevOps, Jenkins (or other similar toolset)
* Application development background will be an advantage
More like this