Role: Azure Data Engineer
Location: London (remote working until restrictions lifted, flexible working options available beyond then)
Duration: till 31/12/2021
Rates: up to £700 (inside IR35)
Start Date: ASAP
Our London based energy sector client is currently looking for a number of Azure Data Engineers with experience of working in Agile product teams to join them on an initial contract through until the end of the year. The successful candidates will be responsible for expanding and optimizing data and data pipeline architecture, as well as optimizing data flow and collection for cross functional teams. You will be an experienced data pipeline builder and data wrangler who enjoys optimizing data systems and building them from the ground up and you will support software developers, database architects, data analysts and data scientists on data initiatives and will ensure optimal data delivery architecture is consistent throughout ongoing projects.
Skills and Experience Required:
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases.
- Experience building and optimizing 'big data' data pipelines, architectures and data sets.
- Strong analytic skills related to working with unstructured datasets.
- A successful history of manipulating, processing and extracting value from large disconnected datasets.
- Working knowledge of message queuing, stream processing, and highly scalable 'big data' data stores.
- Experience with Azure: ADLS, Databricks, Stream Analytics, SQL DW, COSMOS DB, Analysis Services, Azure Functions, Serverless Architecture, ARM Templates
- Experience with relational SQL and NoSQL databases, including Postgres and Cassandra.
- Experience with object-oriented/object function scripting languages: Python, SQL, Scala, Spark-SQL etc.
- Nice to have experience with big data tools: Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, etc.
- Nice to have experience with data pipeline and workflow management tools: Azkaban, Luigi, Airflow, etc.
- Nice to have experience with stream-processing systems: Storm
If this role sounds of interest and you would like further information, please respond with an up to date copy of your CV for consideration.