I'm looking for an experienced AWS DevOps Engineer to join an established FinTech who are expanding their team.
Salary: £80,000 - £100,000
Location: C. London
Working Style: 2 Days in Office Weekly
You will help the team creating a development environment where building, testing, and releasing of software can happen rapidly, frequently and reliably. You will be a DevOps advocate working closely with development and operations teams improving the collaboration whilst removing any impediments through automation, improved tooling, or processes. You will play a key role in a multi-disciplined team building a new security conscious AWS cloud environment and will help with the migration of applications to this environment.
- Deliver a continuous integration and deployment platform that integrates seamlessly with the development tools already in use and ensure its effectiveness to delivery software rapidly.
- Improve the developer experience, facilitate developers in building cloud infrastructure and deploying their applications free of impediments.
- Develop policies, standards, and guidelines for IAC and CI/CD that teams can follow.
- Propose and implement workflow and toolchain improvements to automate repetitive tasks.
- Ensure security and governance are considered a priority by applying security practices as part of the SDLC and developing and enforcing policies.
- Collaborate with teams on architectural design and cloud best practices.
- Broad technical knowledge with a background in Linux engineering or Development and an understanding of networking principles and security.
- Proven experience in working closely with development and operations teams throughout the SDLC, implemented CI/CD effectively and deployed into Cloud environments with Terraform. Knowledge of different deployment strategies for improving uptime. Implemented automated testing of application or IAC code as part of CI/CD.
- Worked in a fast-moving Agile environment using Scrum or Kanban.
- Considerable experience in deploying and running applications securely in AWS, familiarity with cloud native tooling and cloud security best practices. AWS Cloud Architect certification preferred.
- Build and operated containerized workloads and used serverless technology.
- Proficiency in Python with a keen interest in automation.
- Configuration management tools such as Puppet or Ansible.
- Monitoring in the cloud using CloudWatch, Splunk, DataDog or similar tools.
- Experience with Azure DevOps preferred.