Pleased to be announcing an extremely exciting opportunity to join an established FinTech organisation as an AWS DevOps Engineer!
Title: DevOps Engineer/SRE
Salary: £60,000 - £65,000 (+ 10% bonus, 9% pension)
Location: Fully Remote
About The Company
They are a Fintech software business and have a vision to help everyone get protected by using data and disruptive technology to transform our partners and markets to make their underwriting processes as quick and efficient as possible.
Core Products Include:
- A best-in-market underwriting engine which can be used to automate any structured data within the underwriting journey, and which is sold across the globe.
- A protection platform, which is an end-to-end quote and buy marketplace for protection in the UK.
Revenue is generated through commission from sales on the Protection Platform as well as license sales of the business's core software products and professional services activity to customize the implementation of products for each client. Their tools allow people to buy and sell protection insurance products in an entirely new way.
They have a relaxed but hard-working culture and to provide employees with a healthy work-life balance is important. They support a wide range of benefits and regular social activities, including quarterly socials and wellness initiatives.
As a DevOps Engineer, you'll be responsible for leading with the design of significant components of a modern digital service platform including its automation, build, deployment and support. It's a fast-paced environment and you'll be trusted to make sound, reasoned decisions. You'll do this whilst learning about new technologies and approaches, with talented colleagues that will help you to learn, develop and grow.
You would be involved in helping teams to deliver the company's market-leading, cloud-based products. You'll be using a range of modern technologies including Terraform, Docker, Kubernetes and AWS and will advise the team on tools and technologies and best practises.
Essential Experience Required
- Previous experience within a similar role with strong AWS and Kubernetes
- Infrastructure as Code using Terraform (AWS Focused).
- Configuration management skills with tools such as Puppet or Ansible.
- Coding/scripting experience, ideally with Golang (Python is also acceptable).
- Experience across the full development lifecycle and commitment to best software practises.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Observability using tools such as Prometheus and Grafana.
- Comfortable with onboarding production teams onto a Kubernetes centric platform. Knowledge of immutable infrastructure principles.
- Security understanding/appreciation.
- Understanding of the insurance/FinTech industry.