Position - Application Support Engineer
Location - Paddington, London (Hybrid)
Salary - £55,000 - £60,000 + Benefits
We are working with a global organisation who specialise in delivering expertise and technology platforms to the world's leading insurers, brokers, fleet managers and automotive manufacturer who are currently seeking an Application Support Engineer.
Currently going through a period of rapid growth they are looking to increase their headcount within the application support team to help with increased demand.
The successful candidate will have:
- Providing incident management to the various IG Tech applications in accordance with predetermined SLA's.
- Troubleshoot and diagnose application issues.
- Remote support of applications running on various desktops and tablets.
- Review and respond to alert notifications, escalating where necessary.
- Manage the out of hours deployment of application releases into production environments.
- Become SME for at least one of the core applications used by the Innovation Group.
- Maintain the application support knowledge base.
- Build constructive relationships with the development, infrastructure and offshore teams.
- Ability to provide on call support should the need arise.
Knowledge & Skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server.
- Familiarity with using cloud technology, in particular Azure administration.
- Writing/debugging/scripting in MS PowerShell, SQL, Linux/Unix Shell, Bash or other coding language.
- Proven experience of installing, configuring, and diagnosing issues with software.
- Knowledge of Windows operating systems.
- Experience of deploying and managing applications within a Windows IIS environment.
- Good analytical skills and ability to work under pressure.
- Excellent levels of verbal and written English.
- Knowledge of .NET
- Good knowledge of Unix\Linux operating systems.
- Exposure to Jira\Confluence\GitLabs.
- Experienced working within an ITIL framework.
This role has a hybrid working policy , with one day a week based in Paddington, London and comes with a generous salary up to £60,000 plus benefits.
For a confidential discussion - Apply now!