Role: Application Architect
Salary: up to £70k (+ benefits)
Our Oxford based client, a forward-looking technology organization, are currently looking for an experience Application Architect to join them on a permanent basis. The successful candidate will work with product and enabling systems owners to understand problem statements and collaborate with Enterprise and Solution Architecture colleagues to define all aspects of solution development. This will include ensuring the use of appropriate technologies and that implementation meets quality and engineering standards.
This role will have hands on responsibility for guiding development teams, whether in house, partner or third party vendors, ensuring all standards, processes and documentation are adhered to, as well as creating proof of concepts for wider implementation by development teams. This role will also work closely with User Experience, Quality Assurance and Information Security and Data Privacy colleagues to ensure all aspects of delivery, functional and non-functional, are fully met. You will have extensive hands on coding experience and be familiar with cloud services and technologies (particularly AWS). Experience of Agile delivery methodologies is an advantage.
Key experience required:
- Good stakeholder management with clear communication skills
- A high degree of integrity
- A track record of success, keeping to commitments and credibility
- An ability to work across multiple initiatives
- A high emotional quotient and self-knowledge
- A solutions-focused mind-set
- A deep understanding of technology and how it can be both developed and used to meet business requirements
- Experience in delivering solutions across various functions
- Experience in customer facing product delivery
- Good understanding of User Experience principles
Key technical skills:
- Restful architecture
- Experience of building performant applications
- Good understanding of UX
- AWS, Lambda
- React experience is advantageous
This is an exciting opportunity to join a forward-looking organization who maximise the technology for the day and are undergoing a large digital transformation, and will suit individuals who are inquisitive, inventive and ambitious and who challenge the conventional. Please respond with an up to date copy of your CV for consideration if this role is of interest.