Your priority will be to design and implement the strategy for analytics for the company. Additionally, you will manage the product analytics tool stack (especially Heap) so that we can help steer our product development, generate insights for our clients and improve our operations. This is a new senior role that underlines our commitment to become a data-driven organisation.
Roles and Responsibilities:
You should be able to both 'roll up your sleeves' from day one and work with our existing team to ensure that data is at the heart of the Product organisation and decision-making process. You should be passionate about data-driven decisions, and happy to champion experiments with non-traditional data points (e.g., behavioural data). You should be able to collaborate with a wide range of junior and senior colleagues to develop strategies, analyses and solutions based on data and analytics.
Key Requirements for this Role:
* Solid understanding of user interactions and pathway analysis. You should be familiar with funnels, retention and return rates and optimisation of user journeys.
* You are able to formulate a strategic vision for analytics. You will need to align this with senior stakeholders and subsequently implement it.
* Deep experience and knowledge of working with analytics tools (such as Google Analytics, Heap, Adobe Analytics, Amplitude). You should be confident in setting up new events and writing complex queries.
* You should understand cookies and alternative tracking methods.
* Experience and knowledge of setting up and running A/B tests and experiments using Split.io (or similar tools).
* Strive in a collaborative environment. You will need to manage demands from key stakeholders and rigorously prioritise based on a clear strategy.
* Strong ability to strategically prioritise. You will need to manage demands from key stakeholders according to a clear strategy.
* Liaise and support. You'll work with individuals across Preqin, advising on best practices and pushing us to take a data-first approach to our decisions. This will allow us to apply data insights to inform direction of our product roadmaps
* A highly analytical approach. You can translate business questions into metrics and can reach conclusions from analysing quantitative and qualitative data
* Trusted coach with management experience. You will manage junior colleagues who are getting started with analytics.
* You are comfortable with ambiguity and moving targets
* Experience with working with Lucky Orange (or similar tools)
* R/Python/SQL/Alteryx or other programming experience would be a bonu