We are delighted to be hosting a panel event: Preparing for Exit.
Preparing for Exit is becoming a topic of increasing importance for the executive board and in particular CEO/Owners and Founders of SME's.
There are a huge number of obstacles to overcome when looking to exit, whether that is via a PE buyout, MBO or trade sale.
La Fosses's upcoming event will focus on PE exits in particular, and particularly on topics including:
• When to Exit
• Benefits of a PE exit compared to IPO/ Trade Sale
• How to secure best value from the transaction
• Steps to take pre transaction to increase the multiplier
• How to choose your PE partner
• A typical transaction timeline (including necessary advisory partners)
La Fosse have put together an expert panel to advise and share the experience they have cultivated over decades across different Executive board functions including NED/Chair, CEO and CFO. To aid the conversation around securing best value, La Fosse will be adding an experienced Private Equity CTO to the panel to discuss the key changes that PE houses make which immediately add value from a profit/EBITDA perspective, and, if enacted in the 12 months pre-transaction, could help secure a higher sale price.
Our confirmed panel consists of:
Jonathan McKay- Chairman Facilitator
• Jonathan has over 30 years of international experience in the software sector having worked in London, New York, Los Angeles and San Francisco
• He has been directly involved in 8 exits of varying scale, the largest being $800m. These cover both public and private transactions in the UK and the US
• He is currently Chairman of 6 UK based software companies and sits on the advisory board of a Chinese VC fund
Debbie Wosskow OBE- CEO Panellist
• Debbie Wosskow is recognised as one of the most prominent serial entrepreneurs in the UK, and was awarded an OBE for services to business in 2017.
• Debbie was the Founder and CEO of Love Home Swap, sold to Wyndham Destination Networks for $53m in July 2017, and Mantra, sold to Loewy Group in 2009.
• Debbie sits on the Mayor of London’s Business Advisory Board and was shortlisted for the City AM 2017 ‘Entrepreneur of the Year’.
• In January 2018, Debbie (with co-founder Anna Jones) opened The AllBright, the first members' club for working women in the UK.
Paul Goodridge-Chair/ NED Panellist
• Paul is a highly experienced Chair/NED currently on the boards of Cambridge Touch Technologies, Brightpear, Condeco Software and is also a CFO Advisor.
• Paul has led two $1bn exits, including managing an IPO onto the FTSE 250 for CSR Plc from the CFO Position and a $1.5bn business line disposal for GFI
• Beyond his exit experience Paul has led multiple systems implementations and has extensive operational experience across finance, tax, treasury, IT, company secretarial and legal.
Andrew Coll- CFO Panellist
• Andrew is a hugely experienced CFO who has worked in PE and UK listed businesses within software, SaaS and technology
• Andrew was deployed as CFO into Calypso Technology (following acquisition by Bridgepoint and Summit Partners) and led the PE exit of Northgate Public Services (exit of KKR to Cinven)
• He has significant M&A experience, having led five in four years whilst at System C
• Sarah is currently Chair of Riverford Organic and Sawdays Publising
• Alongside her non-executive positions, Sarah is a consultant board advisor specialising on strategy, leadership and technology
• Sarah is currently a technology advisor to OMERS Private Equity Europe.
• In her executive career, Sarah was CIO at EDF Energy and the National Trust and won European CIO of the Year for a hugely successful digital transformation programme.
This event is targeted towards NED/ Chair/ CEO/ CFO's of companies who are looking to secure investment in the next 12-18 months regardless of whether the investment is to fully or partially exit, fund growth (organic or acquisitional) or consolidate the balance sheet.
This event is hosted by Olly Wakefield.
Olly works within Interim Division, focussing on CFO and Finance Recruitment across all sectors, including Private Equity. He has over 10 years' experience in Finance recruitment and was previously a Director at a Financial Services specialist recruitment agency.
Get in touch: