At La Fosse, we appreciate how difficult the employment process can be. So, in today's rapidly evolving market, how should you identify your unique skill set, stand out from the rest of the short-list and – crucially - get hired?
We collaborated with one of the UK’s leading career experts, executive coach, and author of Mind Flip, Zena Everett, to host an event to discuss her book, and help de-mystify the job seeking process.
The interactive event covered:
• Zena's philosophy of Mind Flipping: how today's job-seekers need to flip the focus away from the self and instead look outwards, onto the value you add as an individual and the problems you can solve for other people. This perspective makes it much easier to navigate the stages of the filtering process, overcome hurdles and break through networks to become visible.
• The reality of the ‘underground’ digital recruitment marketplace and the quickest way to find opportunities.
• How recruiters evaluate your CV.
• How to identify your distinct mix of skills, knowledge, and experience and persuade employers (and recruiters) to put you in a different sector.
• Common mistakes candidates make.
Check out Our 6 Key Considerations For Your Next Job Search here.
After founding then managing a successful recruitment firm, Zena changed the direction of her own career, selling the business and retraining as an Organisational Psychologist and Executive Coach. She has helped thousands of people to raise the bar on their career goals and get the jobs or promotion they want, working with clients as varied as Oxford University’s Said Business School, Equity and Mumsnet.
At La Fosse, our mission is to lead by example to achieve a step change in candidate care in the recruitment industry. We treat candidates well because we believe it’s the right thing to do, but it’s also a better way to do business: our success depends on our candidates. If you would like some help with your job search, whether that's CV advice or information about upcoming roles, please do call us on 0207 932 1670 and speak to a consultant today.
Learn more about what else we do differently for our candidates, and how we could help you.